ITASCSC was officially recognized by the Township Officials of Illinois in 1982 and formed as a result of a number of township representatives meeting to address the need to enhance senior services for the growing number of seniors in their communities.
ITASCSC sponsors satellite sessions and informational programs at the Township Officials of Illinois Educational Conference. These programs address issues that affect older adults and are open to all conference attendees.
- Provide for the stability and continuity of existing Township sponsored Senior Services programs
- Act as an advisory group for the establishment of new Township Senior Citizen Services Committees
- Monitor and advocate for the current and pending legislation related to Senior Services
- Promote cooperation and sharing of resources and program information among Township senior providers
- Provide educational opportunities
MEMBERSHIP & MEETINGS
- Membership runs from December 1 through November 30 and includes membership participation, conference fees and award participation.
- The annual membership fee is $75. Membership information can be found on the information page of this website.
- Meetings are held in February, April, June and August. An annual meeting is held at the TOI Conference in November when new officers are elected.
- ITASCSC presents awards to an Outstanding Township Supervisor, Elected Official, Senior Director, Innovative Senior Program, and Senior Staff Member at the Annual TOI Educational Conference. This recognition is given to support continuing efforts to provide excellent services and programs to older adults in Illinois.
TOWNSHIPS WITH ITASCSC AFFILIATION
Oak Park Township
Oswego Senior Advisory
Township Officials of Cook County
Township Officials of Illinois